Anthony Martial is struggling for game time at Manchester United following the signing of Alexis Sanchez in January to add to competition from Marcus Rashford.
As a result the forward has been strongly linked with a move away from Old Trafford, with Italian giants Juventus in particular strongly linked with a summer transfer in recent weeks.
The 22-year-old was one of Louis van Gaal’s signings back in 2015 in a deal that could rise up to £58 million and was an instant hit by scoring against Liverpool as a substitute on his debut.
However, the French international has never had a lengthy run as a starter in Jose Mourinho’s side and has even been converted to a striker to play out on the left wing and even on the right occasionally. Further reports suggest that he is unhappy at Old Trafford.
Should we cash in on Martial over the summer then the Sun believe that the boss has already identified Watford’s Richarlison as his replacement.
The Brazilian is a versatile attacking midfielder who had an excellent first half of the season as Vicarage Road but hasn’t done a single thing of note since Christmas in his first season in the Premier League.
Watford only paid £11 million to Fluminense last summer and the Sun are now claiming that we’d need to fork out £40 million for his signature. No big deal as Anthony Martial would almost certainly recoup more than that.
The report also states that we’d face competition from Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Arsenal for his signature, though the latter two are unlikely to be in next season’s Champions League.
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd