Anthony Martial is struggling for game time at Manchester United following the signing of Alexis Sanchez in January to add to competition from Marcus Rashford.
As a result the forward has been strongly linked with a move away from Old Trafford, with Italian giants Juventus in particular strongly linked with a summer transfer in recent weeks.
The 22-year-old was one of Louis van Gaal’s signings back in 2015 in a deal that could rise up to £58 million and was an instant hit by scoring against Liverpool as a substitute on his debut.
However, the French international has never had a lengthy run as a starter in Jose Mourinho’s side and has even been converted to a striker to play out on the left wing and even on the right occasionally. Further reports suggest that he is unhappy at Old Trafford.
Should we cash in on Martial over the summer then the Sun believe that the boss has already identified Watford’s Richarlison as his replacement.
The Brazilian is a versatile attacking midfielder who had an excellent first half of the season as Vicarage Road but hasn’t done a single thing of note since Christmas in his first season in the Premier League.
Watford only paid £11 million to Fluminense last summer and the Sun are now claiming that we’d need to fork out £40 million for his signature. No big deal as Anthony Martial would almost certainly recoup more than that.
The report also states that we’d face competition from Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Arsenal for his signature, though the latter two are unlikely to be in next season’s Champions League.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash