Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo continues to be linked back with a move to Manchester United.
This summer’s transfer window appears to be no different than the past couple as the Portuguese ace is once again rumoured to be leaving the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
The latest reports are coming out of Spain with Diario Gol (as translated by the Express) claiming that Ronaldo has already secured a pre-contract agreement with us ahead of a summer move back to the Premier League.
Given that the forward is 33 now and other reports suggest we’d need to pay a world record transfer fee to bring Ronaldo back to Old Trafford, I simply cannot see a move happening.
Yes, Ronaldo is still a world class player; one whom has won the Champions League in four of the past five seasons and is the all-time top scorer in the competition. But, getting Real Madrid to accept a reasonable offer for their star simply isn’t going to happen.
The Portuguese forward netted 44 goals in all competitions this past season despite a slow start. He’s also a left forward, a position where we currently have too much competition – Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial competing.
Of course, Sanchez could be switched to the right and Rashford up front to fix that solution, but I’m sure Jose Mourinho would rather spend that lump of cash on players in different areas that need addressing – such as central midfield and defence.
Diario Gol also claims that Paris Saint-Germain are interested in bringing Cristiano Ronaldo to the French capital. I’d say that’s a more likely scenario than the superstar coming back to Manchester United…
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday