Site News

Interview with Aon – Manchester United’s future sponsors

Chris Toy (Studs Up) recently interviewed David Prosperi, Vice President (Global Public Relations) at Aon. It’s an interesting read and it’s nice to see how Manchester United is viewed from outside football i.e. once you take away football partisanship.

For those of us who have supported the club from before 99 or even before the Premier League started (I got in at ’94), it’s quite amazing to see United completely dominate English football for the best part of two decades and as a result become the most popular and most valuable sports team in the world.

It’s good to focus on the here and now and we’ve seen with Liverpool how ‘past glories’ get you nowhere, but once in a while it’s good to step back and get some perspective on what United, and to a great extent, what the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and (Sir) Ryan Giggs have achieved.

In any case, here’s the interview with David Prosperi (Aon).

29 June 2009 at 00:34

@Grognard: Wow that is a punch way below the belt, it goes straight to Eddi’s nether regions! 😆 . Eddi why don’t you make a special video called the GROGMONSTER, and the Anderson revenge 😉 😆 .

29 June 2009 at 00:48

Man Pity are paying Eto’o £250,000 quid a week – obscene! Now watch the Apache whine about being disrespected, because he is only getting £160,000 a week – I mean he is truly being disrespected by City isn’t he? 😆 😆 😆 .

3. Gabriel

29 June 2009 at 01:26

Seems like the Valencia deal is almost done 😀 ;

Fred, your ‘inside’ source might have been right about the medical afterall 🙂 … or maybe the tabloids are just perusing redrants and other blogs for transfer tittle-tattle 😆 😆

4. colver

29 June 2009 at 01:40

Grognard, yeah I thought Valencia was just a right winger.

I was talking 60 goals in all competitions. The English Premier League seems to moving in such a defensive direction that you are right it is difficult to score more than 15-20 a season. Really it was a miracle Ronaldo scored so many in 2007-8.

5. Fred The Red

29 June 2009 at 02:04

@Gabriel: A guy in work who was talking to a supporter who owns an executive box at OT told me yesterday that there was a medical on tues, he didnt know who it was for and it looks like he will not be far out. Dont know much about this source of information but the guy in work seemed to be taking his informant serious.

29 June 2009 at 03:13

@Fred The Red: I think this inside info is great! Probably has more basis in fact than the daily’s!!

29 June 2009 at 04:10

@Craig Mc: He’s an excellent prospect, Rodwell. It may be that he’s English, hence hyped, but I think he’s pretty good from what I’ve seen of him last season. A big strong lad, primarily a centre half, but since he’s comfortable on the ball he can play in the middle of the park. But I think there’s no way Moyes will sell him unless we pay him a hell lot over the top.

Plus, him playing for Everton would be the best course of development for him as a player. I don’t see us show much interest in him until he’s well in the limelight when everyone’s interested in him. At least that’s how we do business with young talent these days.

8. jos

29 June 2009 at 06:58

@Craig Mc: Man you are just obsessed about Tevez aint it! looks like Tevil has totally possessed u!!!
    chill out man. he’s gone.

9. Dan

29 June 2009 at 07:42

@Redrich: and my next post mentions its because of fergie. Did you even read it 😐

10. Dan

29 June 2009 at 07:49

@Grognard: No, hes not grognard. I remember when we put our original bids in earlier, a south american correspondent for sky sports described him for us, and he said he could play in all those positions. At first i didnt believe him, then i saw an ecuador match, where he SS.

Im right about this, trust me.

29 June 2009 at 07:59

@jos: I know Jos, but it is the DISRESPECT cry of Tevez that sticks in the GUT mate 🙄 .

29 June 2009 at 08:14

It’s rather late where I am right now. So let me just say a new post is up. Night all.

13. jos

29 June 2009 at 08:18

@Craig Mc: well given that fergie also almost tried to stifle his career after one very very good season with us (in that double winning season he scored lots and lots of very important goals – remember the winner at Ainfield?). Tevez was a good player and he always gave his best on pitch (at times it was gud enf and at time it wasnt – and thats how most players are isint it. he was no ronaldo who is one of a kind). But still fergie messed up with him and naturally that is going to turn his mind. Lets just move on… he has every right to whine! You dont drop a striker after scoring 4 goals in a game!

14. RedDevilEddy

29 June 2009 at 09:20

@Grognard: Im gonna consider it. But first Im gonna have to finish my Nani vid. So far it looks just awsome!!! :mrgreen:

15. RedDevilEddy

29 June 2009 at 09:21

@Craig Mc: I will when he scores his first goal. 😉 All Andy needs to do before I can put up the video is to score. 😛

29 June 2009 at 11:11

@RedDevilEddy: So that means we may have to wait for ages then 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Just kidding met… I hope its very soon 😆 😆

29 June 2009 at 11:54

@jos: I think SAF’s excuse was he was blooding Berba at the time, but I see your point Jos. However, I still don’t feel he was disrespected mate. He got a lot of games, but claimed he hadn’t. I am not impressed with his mouthing to the press and whining, but yeah I also see some of your points 😀 .

18. Dan