Inter Milan are waiting for a fresh proposal from Manchester United after turning down their recent offer on the table, according to Alfredo Pedulla.
The Cameroonian star has been identified as manager Erik ten Hag’s prime target for the number one role, and talks are advanced with the Nerazzurri.
United have already made multiple bids for the 27-year-old. They recently proposed to pay €45 million plus €5m in add-ons, but it was turned down.
Pedulla now claims that the Nerazzurri are willing to accept €50m plus €5-6m in add-on payments. However, the Serie A outfit want easy bonuses.
United getting closer to Andre Onana deal
The Red Devils recently completed the signing of midfielder Mason Mount from the Blues. They were successful in negotiating difficult add-ons as part of the deal.
The Englishman’s add-ons won’t be triggered unless United win multiple big trophies. The 24-year-old would have to play a significant part in the relevant matches.
It appears Inter may not accept a similar proposal. The Serie A outfit could also request most of the fee up front. They plan to re-sign Romelu Lukaku with the funds.
Nonetheless, United are getting closer to an agreement for the Champions League finalist. They could seal the deal with the Nerazzurri by the end of the day.
The club should then turn the focus to a new striker. With a limited budget, they may need to sanction a couple of player exits before spending on a centre-forward.
Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund has been earmarked as the main striker target by Ten Hag. The club are planning to test Atalanta’s resolve with £50m (€58.5m) bid.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions