Manchester United are reportedly in contention with Liverpool for securing the services of Inter Milan star Nicolo Barella.
According to TuttoMercatoWeb, the Merseyside club are ready to offer £60 million for the 24-year-old.
It has been reported that the Red Devils may be willing to fork out a similar amount to sign the talented midfielder.
Barella was impressive for Italy in the European Championships, bagging a goal and two assists in six appearances.
He made 36 league appearances for Inter last season, helping them win the Serie A title for the first time in eleven years.
Barella is a highly talented footballer who has proved his skills in Italy. He is known for his technique, vision and physical strength.
The Italy international is capable of playing anywhere in midfield and would be a tremendous acquisition for United.
However, United have already confirmed the signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund and are close to snapping up Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane.
On that basis, any potential transfer for Barella could depend on income from player sales.
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs
- Erik ten Hag wants Cody Gakpo at Manchester United