Manchester United are reportedly in contention with Liverpool for securing the services of Inter Milan star Nicolo Barella.
According to TuttoMercatoWeb, the Merseyside club are ready to offer £60 million for the 24-year-old.
It has been reported that the Red Devils may be willing to fork out a similar amount to sign the talented midfielder.
Barella was impressive for Italy in the European Championships, bagging a goal and two assists in six appearances.
He made 36 league appearances for Inter last season, helping them win the Serie A title for the first time in eleven years.
Barella is a highly talented footballer who has proved his skills in Italy. He is known for his technique, vision and physical strength.
The Italy international is capable of playing anywhere in midfield and would be a tremendous acquisition for United.
However, United have already confirmed the signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund and are close to snapping up Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane.
On that basis, any potential transfer for Barella could depend on income from player sales.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars