Inter Milan are reportedly interested in signing Manchester United forward Anthony Martial as a replacement for Chelsea-bound Romelu Lukaku.
The Blues are said to be closing in on Lukaku after agreeing to pay £97.5 million for the experienced striker.
According to the Daily Mirror, the Belgian’s departure from the San Siro could open the door for Martial to exit the Theatre of Dreams this summer.
It is reported that the Red Devils are ready to send the 25-year-old on loan to Inter if the Italian giants accept to include an obligation to buy in the deal.
The Premier League outfit signed the Frenchman from Monaco in 2015 in a deal worth £50m and want to recoup most of that amount.
The Serie A club reportedly tried to sign him in 2019 but failed to land their target.
Martial wasn’t very impressive for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side last season.
He clocked up 36 appearances across all competitions for United but got on the scoresheet on only seven occasions.
With United now boasting Jadon Sancho, Edinson Cavani, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood in the squad, Martial’s opportunities at Old Trafford look limited.
It looks like a good decision to try to cash in on him now.
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal