Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio has warned Manchester United they must increase their offer for Andre Onana if they want to sign him.
The Red Devils have submitted a bid worth €45 million but Inter value Onana at €60m. Ausilio has told United to increase their current offer.
He said (via TuttoMercatoWeb): “Right now, Onana is Inter’s goalkeeper.
“He’s one of the strengths of the team and with strong players, we’d like to move forward.
“If opportunities arise, we’ll evaluate them, but to date, they haven’t arrived or they don’t meet our expectations.”
Inter’s asking price for Onana is not too far
The gap in the valuation of the 27-year-old is not too big.
United are hunting for a new goalkeeper after David De Gea’s contract expired last week.
He remains in talks with the club over a new deal, but Erik ten Hag wants a replacement.
De Gea made several significant errors last season and is uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.
Onana’s biggest strength is his ball distribution skills. He operates as a sweeper-keeper and helps his side to play out from the back.
Inter want €60m to sanction Onana’s exit, but there is an expectation that a compromise can be struck.
It would be great business if United can sign the former Ajax player for around €50m.
In recent seasons, Alisson Becker and Ederson have shown that signing a progressive keeper could transform the fortunes of their sides.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling