Inter Milan’s sporting director Piero Ausilio has a meeting planned with Manchester United over goalkeeper Andre Onana, according to Gazzetta dello Sport (page 3).
The Red Devils have identified the 27-year-old as their priority target for the goalkeeping role. David de Gea could leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the month.
Talks have already been held between United and Onana’s agent Albert Botines. It is now reported that Ausilio has a meeting scheduled with the Red Devils and Botines on Friday.
Inter are eyeing €50 million plus add-ons to part ways with the Cameroonian star. Should the negotiations go smoothly, a deal could be agreed in the next 48 hours.
United face crunch talks to secure Onana deal
Onana has been earmarked as Ten Hag’s preferred shot-stopper. He worked under the Dutch tactician at Ajax for four-and-a-half seasons before joining Inter last summer.
A reunion could become a reality soon, but it depends on United’s proposal on the table. The payment structure could be key as Inter want most of the fee up front.
The Nerazzurri are aiming to re-sign Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea on a permanent basis, and plan to use the funds from Onana’s departure to negotiate with the Blues.
Onana is a no-brainer signing for United. He has all the attributes to suit the manager. He has strong reflexes, is good with his distribution and is very mobile in the box.
The Cameroonian can also operate as a sweeper-keeper to negate counter-attacking situations against his club. He is prepared to take risks by coming out of his box.
He would be a perfect acquisition for United between the sticks. The fans will be hoping that the club can secure an agreement in the upcoming meeting with Ausilio.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action