Paul Pogba has been ruled out today’s huge lunchtime showdown between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford.
The French star’s latest injury has forced Jose Mourinho to shuffle his midfield, leaving Nemanja Matic and Scott McTominay to partner in front of the back four and Juan Mata to come into the starting lineup in a more attacking role in the middle.
Pogba pulled up in training on Friday and was unable to finish the session. The Telegraph today confirmed that the 24-year-old had not been among the United players that arrived at the Lowry hotel on Friday evening.
This latest injury has left Jose without seven players for our battle for second place at Old Trafford this afternoon, with Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Daley Blind, Ander Herrera, Anthony Martial and Zlatan Ibrahimovic also absent.
Jurgen Klopp has a much lighter injury list with only Nathaniel Clyne absent. The right-back has been sidelined all season but is back in training.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday