Manchester United forward Anthony Martial has withdrawn from the France squad for their final UEFA Nations League group stage match against the Netherlands because of injury.
Martial completed the full 90 minutes of our derby defeat on Sunday, scoring our consolation from the penalty spot. However, the pacey forward contributed little else all game.
The French national team Twitter feed reported that Anthony Martial is suffering from an abductor-related issue.
Fellow United teammate Paul Pogba has also withdrawn from Didier Deschamps’ squad. The midfielder was absent from our matchday squad over the weekend due to a thigh problem. Both players had reported to the team’s base before being assessed by Dr Franck Le Gall.
The French Football Federation confirmed on Monday that neither Manchester United player would be involved for the 2018 World Cup winners during the November international break.
— French Team ?? (@FrenchTeam) November 12, 2018
France would secure first place in the Nations League Group A and qualification for the semi-finals next summer should they avoid defeat against the Netherlands in Rotterdam on Friday 16 November.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane