Manchester United forward Anthony Martial has withdrawn from the France squad for their final UEFA Nations League group stage match against the Netherlands because of injury.
Martial completed the full 90 minutes of our derby defeat on Sunday, scoring our consolation from the penalty spot. However, the pacey forward contributed little else all game.
The French national team Twitter feed reported that Anthony Martial is suffering from an abductor-related issue.
Fellow United teammate Paul Pogba has also withdrawn from Didier Deschamps’ squad. The midfielder was absent from our matchday squad over the weekend due to a thigh problem. Both players had reported to the team’s base before being assessed by Dr Franck Le Gall.
The French Football Federation confirmed on Monday that neither Manchester United player would be involved for the 2018 World Cup winners during the November international break.
— French Team ?? (@FrenchTeam) November 12, 2018
France would secure first place in the Nations League Group A and qualification for the semi-finals next summer should they avoid defeat against the Netherlands in Rotterdam on Friday 16 November.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday