As per Manchester United’s official website, Paul Pogba will miss the Champions League group stage clash against PSG.
Speaking to the press ahead of the Southampton game, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said:
“Scott and Paul didn’t train this morning, not on the grass. Very unlikely for the weekend.”
While playing for France a fortnight back, Pogba renewed his ankle injury. Pogba had to undergo surgery on his ankle last January, having missed 39 games in all competitions.
Pogba hasn’t yet featured for Solskjaer’s side due to that respective injury since returning to United’s facilities from international duty.
According to Daily Mail, United could expect Pogba’s return earlier than initially expected. United’s staff will be extra cautious with him and not rush him back to first-team scenes.
There’s no confirmed word about his recovery but United are hopeful Pogba won’t be sidelined for too long.
United will face the likes of RB Leipzig, PSG, Man City, Wolves, Leicester City, Everton, and Leeds United in the upcoming weeks. It’s a busy month and Solskjaer needs Pogba at his disposal.
- Man Utd have received 10 loan proposals for Anthony Elanga ahead of transfer deadline
- Victor Lindelof emerges as Inter Milan transfer target to replace outgoing star
- Crystal Palace will wait until summer to sign Man Utd defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Man United boss insists there is still room for improvement from Antony after Reading display
- Erik ten Hag confirms ankle injury blow for Christian Eriksen after Reading win
- Casemiro excellent for Man Utd in 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win over Reading
- Harry Maguire sends a tough message to Erik ten Hag over the lack of game-time
- Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Three talking points as Casemiro electrifies Old Trafford crowd
- Man Utd tried to sign Milan Skriniar, he is holding out for PSG transfer
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities