Manchester United have sent representatives to monitor Rasmus Hojlund during Denmark’s Euro 2024 qualifier against Northern Ireland tonight, Ekstra Bladet claim.
The Red Devils are keen on bolstering their centre-forward department this summer, and it has recently been reported that Hojlund is the leading target for the club.
Ekstra Bladet now say that United have the striker ‘in the spotlight’, and they have sent representatives to track his performance against Northern Ireland at Parken.
The Danish publication add that United are not ‘deterred’ by the reported asking price of £50 million in the Italian media, considering he has ‘enormous potential’.
United keeping tabs on Hojlund ahead of summer bid
Hojlund had a fascinating 2022/23 campaign. He scored 16 goals and provided 7 assists for Sturm Graz and Atalanta. The Dane joined the latter in late August for £14.5m.
The 20-year-old has fared much better for his national side. He scored a stunning five goals in two Euro 2024 qualifiers in March. He netted a hat-trick against Finland.
Hence, his reputation is steadily rising. He has similar playing attributes as Erling Braut Haaland.
Hojlund is a left-footed striker with a strong physical presence. He likes to make direct runs against defences, and also possesses good pace to get behind the backline.
The Dane has also developed into a poacher. He has good sense of timing and tends to get into brilliant goalscoring positions in the box. Hence, he has a lot of potential.
For £50m, he would represent a good piece of business for United, but it has recently been revealed that Atalanta will hold out for around £60m plus add-ons for him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns