Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes lit up the World Cup as he starred for Portugal in an impressive 2-0 win against Uruguay last night.
Fernandes has been in the form of his life during the World Cup in Qatar. In the first match against Ghana, he provided two assists and was instrumental in Portugal winning the game 3-2.
However, he bettered his performance with another impressive display against Uruguay. The United star scored two goals, had an 84 percent passing accuracy, and 83 touches of the ball. He also completed five out of six attempted long balls.
The industrious midfielder has been shining for a while in Portuguese colours. Fernandes has been in stellar form throughout the year, as you can see from the statistics provided by Opta below.
Fernandes has scored seven goals in 11 appearances for Portugal in 2022. This is more than twice any other player, with recently released United star Cristiano Ronaldo in second place with three goals.
Opta also revealed that Fernandes has an xG of 4.6 from 19 shots in 11 games. He has an xG of 0.24 per shot.
The former Sporting Lisbon star was in the thick of things throughout the game against Uruguay and also hit the woodwork.
He joined Casemiro in becoming the second United player to receive a Player of the Match award on the same evening.
Fernandes will look to keep up the excellent work as Portugal bid to make further progress in Qatar.
Portugal will face South Korea in the final Group H game on December 2 and look set to clinch top spot.
While their round of 16 opponents are not yet known, Fernandes and co will most likely avoid Brazil who are top of Group G.
Stats courtesy FIFA, SofaScore and Opta.
- Man Utd have received 10 loan proposals for Anthony Elanga ahead of transfer deadline
- Victor Lindelof emerges as Inter Milan transfer target to replace outgoing star
- Crystal Palace will wait until summer to sign Man Utd defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Man United boss insists there is still room for improvement from Antony after Reading display
- Erik ten Hag confirms ankle injury blow for Christian Eriksen after Reading win
- Casemiro excellent for Man Utd in 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win over Reading
- Harry Maguire sends a tough message to Erik ten Hag over the lack of game-time
- Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Three talking points as Casemiro electrifies Old Trafford crowd
- Man Utd tried to sign Milan Skriniar, he is holding out for PSG transfer
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities