Legendary Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes believes Marcus Rashford has been the most outstanding player for the Old Trafford outfit in the 2022/23 season.
Rashford, who has been in top form throughout the season, recently scored a brace against Wales to see England through to the round of 16 in the World Cup.
The 25-year-old has also been involved in 11 goals for United, scoring eight and assisting three.
During a recent appearance on MUTV’s The Debate, Paul Scholes claimed that Marcus Rashford has been United’s best player this term and has turned things around after a tough year.
“He’s had a bit of a tough 18 months, but I think he’s been looking really dangerous this season,” Scholes said.
“Hopefully, he’s carried it on a little bit with England as well, with the minutes he’s played. Hopefully, he can come back and have a really strong end to the season as well.”
Meanwhile, Scholes’ former teammate David May thought that all of Erik ten Hag’s four summer signings – Antony, Christain Eriksen, Lisandro Martinez and Casemiro have been really positive.
Rashford will once again look to prove his worth when England face Senegal in the knockout stage. The Three Lions will go up against the African side on December 4.
It remains to be seen what lies in store for the forward once United resume their season on December 22.
- Man Utd have received 10 loan proposals for Anthony Elanga ahead of transfer deadline
- Victor Lindelof emerges as Inter Milan transfer target to replace outgoing star
- Crystal Palace will wait until summer to sign Man Utd defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Man United boss insists there is still room for improvement from Antony after Reading display
- Erik ten Hag confirms ankle injury blow for Christian Eriksen after Reading win
- Casemiro excellent for Man Utd in 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win over Reading
- Harry Maguire sends a tough message to Erik ten Hag over the lack of game-time
- Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Three talking points as Casemiro electrifies Old Trafford crowd
- Man Utd tried to sign Milan Skriniar, he is holding out for PSG transfer
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities