Manchester United star David de Gea is enjoying life under the guidance of new manager Erik ten Hag.
Despite missing out on Luis Enrique’s Spanish side for the 2022 Qatar World Cup, De Gea has been a regular between the posts for United.
Since joining the Red Devils in 2011, the Spanish goalkeeper has made over 500 appearances for the club, having won one Premier League title and the Europa League.
During a recent interview with United’s in-house media (MUTV), the Spanish international revealed his thoughts on Ten Hag and his system.
The Dutch manager, who came to United in the summer, has set about bringing a cultural change at Old Trafford.
The former Atletico Madrid star explained that Ten Hag has high demands from everyone at the club and at the training ground.
“I think he has high demands for everyone – there is a lot of information,” De Gea said. “We are used to playing under him because we are learning a lot of new things as a team. I think we are enjoying it, we are training really hard with him.”
The former Matt Busby Player of the Year also stated that the Red Devils are on an upward curve under the former Ajax manager.
“They are long training sessions, tactics, everything, and I think we are heading the right way,” he added.
Following the World Cup, United return to action on December 21 in a Carabao Cup clash against Burnley. De Gea is expected to play a prominent role in the game.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest