Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has backed Marcus Rashford to overcome a faltering start to the season.
Rashford has scored a solitary goal in 14 appearances across all competitions this term.
His performances have been uninspiring and disappointing. Many United supporters even cheered when Ten Hag substituted him in the last few games.
Despite an abysmal start to the campaign, the manager is confident that the goals will eventually flow for the forward.
He told MUTV: “I am sure that he will be back on track. I see him in training performing so well so I think that before long, he will be back on track.
He will make a lot of goals for us and he will be so very important for us. Once we find our rhythm, once the team finds its rhythm, it is also easier for him.”
Marcus Rashford must show consistency now
The 26-year-old can no longer be described as a young player with huge potential.
He was United’s most lethal attacking player last season, bagging 30 goals and 11 assists in 56 games across competitions.
The massive contrast in his numbers is a major reason why Man United are struggling up front.
The Red Devils have scored merely 11 goals in 10 Premier League games – the lowest among the top 12 teams in the English top flight.
Ten Hag continues to back €75 million-rated star to step up and find his form.
It feels like the forward is rushing his execution. He is trying to shoot from too far and making wrong decisions in the key moments.
The fans want Alejandro Garnacho to start ahead of the English international. Their reaction is understandable because Garnacho was electric off the bench last season.
However, his form has also tailed off in the last few games.
Man United face Fulham tomorrow at Craven Cottage. Rashford is expected to start at the left wing, and the manager will hope he finds his form.
He is in his ninth year of senior football and must step up to stabilise United’s sinking ship.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin