The Germany international is regarded as one of the best centre-backs in the world and was linked with Manchester United and Barcelona before penning a new five-year deal in the summer.
The 23-year-old is content at the Bundesliga champions but refused to rule out a move abroad in the future.
“One day I will say that I am keen on a transfer. I already had offers and one enquiry from these offers was really one of interest for me.”
Mats Hummels Quotes of the week
“One day I will say that I am keen on a transfer,” Hummels told BILD.
“To play football in a new country would be flattering. I already had offers and one enquiry from these offers was really one of interest for me.
“But I told myself that the time is not right for such a move. There was a reason behind my recent contract extension. When you are a Borussia Dortmund player then you do not move to all clubs.
“In the Bundesliga it would just be about Bayern Munich, but this club has no shortage in my position. In Europe there are just about four to five clubs that would really interest me.”
*Original source for this article is from SkySports
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony