Manchester United are currently on the cusp of their first summer signing after reaching an agreement with Chelsea for midfielder Mason Mount.
The England international is set to join the club in a deal worth £60 million including add-ons. He will undergo his medical on Monday before signing his contract.
Aside from the 24-year-old, the Red Devils are actively pursuing a goalkeeper and a striker. Andre Onana and Rasmus Hojlund are currently the top targets.
Here is how Man Utd could line up if they succeed in signing the duo after Mount.
Onana would obviously become United’s new first-choice goalkeeper. The Cameroonian’s ball-playing skills make him the perfect fit for manager Erik ten Hag.
The 27-year-old also has the ability to operate as a sweeper-keeper, and he would be a big upgrade on David de Gea, whose contract expired at the end of last month.
In front of him, it should be a familiar backline from last term. Aaron Wan-Bissaka gets our nod over Diogo Dalot at right-back after his superb end-of-season form.
Luke Shaw is a guaranteed starter ahead of Tyrell Malacia at left-back. Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez are assured to occupy the central defensive positions.
In midfield, Casemiro is a nailed-on starter from the number six role, but Christian Eriksen is likely to make way for Mason Mount in the number eight position next season.
Eriksen had a good debut campaign with two goals and 10 assists, but struggled with his man-marking duties. Mount should provide the perfect balance with his creativity and intensity off the ball.
Further forward, Bruno Fernandes should lead the side from the number 10 spot with Marcus Rashford and Antony expected to start on the left and right wing respectively.
If Hojlund were to join the club, he should be the main man up front ahead of the injury-plagued Anthony Martial, who could be more effective with a lesser workload off the bench.
How Man Utd could line up with Mount, Onana and Hojlund
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd