It is a great time to be a Manchester United fan as the Red Devils are doing incredibly well in all domestic and European competitions.
Erik ten Hag’s side recently claimed their first silverware since 2017 in the Carabao Cup, beating Newcastle United in the final.
They are also alive in the FA Cup following their 3-1 success over West Ham United at Old Trafford on Wednesday.
The Hammers were in the ascendancy after Said Benrahma broke the deadlock in the second half.
However, late strikes from Alejandro Garnacho and Fred following an own-goal from Nayef Aguerd put United in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.
Marcus Rashford wasn’t part of the starting line-up against West Ham, but Ten Hag was forced to feature him in the second half after they conceded the first goal.
However, the England international will return to the team against Liverpool on Sunday.
How has Rashford fared against Liverpool in the past?
The 25-year-old has played 14 matches against Liverpool, winning three, drawing six and losing five of those games.
He has registered six goals and contributed one assist against the Merseyside giants.
The talented forward was also on the scoresheet when the two sides met in August, playing a pivotal role in United’s 2-1 success at Old Trafford.
Rashford’s first-ever Premier League encounter against Liverpool came in 2016 when the match ended in a goalless draw.
His best display against Jurgen Klopp’s side came at Old Trafford in 2018 when he scored a double to help United win 2-1.
However, he has failed to score at Anfield, with all his six strikes coming at home.
- Man Utd planning fresh move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix
- Man Utd plan to track Andre Onana and Goncalo Ramos in upcoming Champions League tie
- Erik ten Hag provides a fresh injury update on Christian Eriksen
- Three emerging French midfielders Man Utd could sign this summer
- Manchester United to play nine games in ‘crazy’ April schedule
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract