Manchester United’s favourite is Napoli striker Victor Osimhen, according to reports emanating from Italy.
That’s according to a report from Italian media outlet Il Mattino who claim the 24-year-old is being courted by six Premier League clubs, including United.
Erik ten Hag wants to bring a world-class striker to Old Trafford in the summer transfer window.
The Dutchman signed Wout Weghorst earlier this week, but the giant forward is a short-term solution to a long-term problem.
And it seems as though the United boss has a plan in place for the summer transfer window.
Victor Osimhen is ‘Manchester United’s favourite’
Il Mattino reckon that United are willing to pay an incredible €150 million (£132m for the Nigeria international. That would smash the Red Devils’ current transfer record by a whopping £40m!
Man United paid £92m for Paul Pogba in 2016 (Guardian), but the Osimhen deal would blow that out of the water.
That’s an awful lot of money for United to splash out on one player, but Osimhen is the kind of striker who would take Ten Hag’s side to a new level.
The Nigerian is physically strong, possesses blistering pace and is a very good finisher – 12 goals in 14 Serie A games this season is evidence of that.
If United brought the hitman to Old Trafford, they would have one of the deadliest attacks in world football.
Victor Osimhen will not be leaving Napoli in January unless something dramatic happens.
However, United will likely go all out to bring him to the Premier League from Serie A in the summer.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd have received 10 loan proposals for Anthony Elanga ahead of transfer deadline
- Victor Lindelof emerges as Inter Milan transfer target to replace outgoing star
- Crystal Palace will wait until summer to sign Man Utd defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Man United boss insists there is still room for improvement from Antony after Reading display
- Erik ten Hag confirms ankle injury blow for Christian Eriksen after Reading win
- Casemiro excellent for Man Utd in 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win over Reading
- Harry Maguire sends a tough message to Erik ten Hag over the lack of game-time
- Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Three talking points as Casemiro electrifies Old Trafford crowd
- Man Utd tried to sign Milan Skriniar, he is holding out for PSG transfer
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities