Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot has described Bruno Fernandes as a ‘top player’ and believes the Portuguese will become a legend during his time with the club.
The 25-year-old only made the move to Old Trafford during the winter transfer window but he has already had a notable impact in the club’s performances in the final third of the pitch.
Fernandes has contributed three goals and four assists from his first nine appearances for United and he was recently named as the Premier League Player of the Month for February.
Speaking on the club’s official podcast, Dalot heaped praise on his compatriot and stated that the midfielder has the quality to go on to become one of the club’s greats in the long run.
“He’s a top guy, a top player. He’s going to be a legend, no doubt about that. He’s unbelievable, he can better of course as well. He’s going to learn a lot from this club. I think he is a massive player to have in this team and he’s going to be a very good player for this club,” he told.
Fernandes’ arrival has coincided with the upturn in form for the Red Devils and they are currently unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions – with five of those games being in the Premier League.
The club are presently in a good position to qualify for the Champions League and compete for the FA Cup and Europa League titles, but that will depend on whether the season resumes in the near future.
The coronavirus pandemic has put the campaign to a halt amid the health concerns and it is still unclear whether the season will restart in a couple of weeks’ time.
Meanwhile, Fernandes has definitely become a favourite among the United fans and it remains to be seen whether he can maintain the same level of performances over an extended period of time.
Of course, there are no doubts over the quality of his distribution and goalscoring instincts but he needs to perform season after season such that United are in the running for regular silverware.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations