Premier League legend Michael Owen heaped praise on Rasmus Hojlund after he continued his scoring streak against West Ham United at Old Trafford.
The Denmark star had a difficult start to his Premier League career. He failed to find the back of the net during his first 14 appearances in the division.
Hojlund eventually broke the drought with a match winner against Aston Villa. He has since scored in his next three league appearances for the Red Devils.
The 21-year-old has been earning plenty of praise from fans and pundits as a result, and Owen said that he will be a hero at United if he can keep scoring ‘very good’ goals.
He told Premier League productions during the 3-0 win over the Hammers: “It is a very good goal. If he can keep doing that he’ll be a hero at the club.”
Aside from his goal, Hojlund caught the eye with his hold-up play. He also won six duels and completed 100 per cent of his long balls against West Ham.
The Dane has finally started to realise his potential at the club and the fans will be hoping that he can keep up his scoring form for the rest of the season.
With today’s win, the Red Devils have moved within eight points off the top four and they could reduce the gap to five or six points by the end of next week.
United face fourth-placed Aston Villa on the road next Sunday. It could be a make-or-break for them in the race to qualify for Champions League football.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow