Manchester United are preparing an opening bid for Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund, according to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano.
The Red Devils recently signed the transfer documents for Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana, and he is expected to undergo his medical very soon.
United’s next priority is a new centre-forward, and Romano claims that the club are weighing up an opening offer for the highly-rated Hojlund.
The Dane has already agreed ‘personal terms’, and ‘he wants United’. Atalanta are eyeing between €65-70 million to consider the sale of the 20-year-old.
The Serie A outfit have no plans of accepting a part-exchange deal for the striker.
United could seek to lower price for Hojlund
The Red Devils are on the cusp of signing Onana for €50m plus €5m in add-ons. Inter initially wanted €60m, but they were convinced to accept a lower fee.
United are likely to consider a similar approach for Hojlund. There could be multiple bids on the table before the clubs agree on a suitable figure for the deal.
In our view, United could sign him for around €60m including add-ons. They should afford the fee without player sales after the Glazers increased the budget.
Hojlund is still unproven at the highest level with only 10 goals and four assists for Atalanta last season, but he definitely has the potential to become an elite striker.
The Dane has a strong aerial and physical presence, and is also blessed with pace on the counter-attack. The left-footed ace has been likened to Erling Braut Haaland.
Once Hojlund gets to adapt to the demands of the Premier League, he could become a potent goalscorer. For this to happen, he needs to join United in pre-season itself.
Else, he may need more time to adjust which was the case at Atalanta. The Bergamo outfit only signed him from Sturm Graz towards the end of August last year.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action