Bruno Fernandes has lauded Christian Eriksen for allowing him to become more effective this season.
The Danish midfielder has been a revelation since he arrived this summer.
He has appeared in every game for Manchester United this season and contributed with two assists.
Speaking to ManUtd.com, Fernandes heaped praise on the former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder.
He said, “It’s really good to play with Christian – he’s a player that can find the passes, find the pockets and make my game easier because he finds me when I move between the lines.
“It’s something that’s not easy to do. I’m really happy to have him on the team because, as I’ve said before, he’s a quality player.
“He’s a player who’s showed in the past that he has really good qualities in the Premier League, in the Italian league, even for his national team.”
United fans are excited about the connection the duo have established.
Erik ten Hag has used Eriksen deeper, where he can play the role of an orchestrator.
By contrast, Fernandes prefers to penetrate the penalty box. He looks to make runs behind defenders to stretch the backline.
Eriksen has an excellent eye for a pass and often tries to find the Portuguese.
Having two creative players in different positions is helping Ten Hag to move the ball forward quickly.
United travel to Etihad Stadium this weekend to face reigning champions Manchester City.
The midfield duo will have a vital role to play if United want to get a positive result out of this fixture.
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January