Manchester United star Marcus Rashford recently revealed his thoughts on Cristiano Ronaldo leaving the club.
Following an explosive interview with Piers Morgan, where he aired his frustrations with the club, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner was released by United.
Ronaldo was vocal about being seemingly mistreated by manager Erik ten Hag and the direction in which the club was heading.
Following the interview, United released a statement confirming that the former Real Madrid star’s contract has been mutually terminated. He is currently on national duty with Portugal at the FIFA World Cup.
During a press conference representing England, Rashford shared his thoughts following Ronaldo’s departure.
“It has been an unbelievable experience to play with him,” Rashford said (via Manchester Evening News).
“He is one of my idols and someone I always looked up to. It’s something I can keep with me forever.”
Rashford wished Ronaldo all the best and also thanked him for his contributions to the club.
England are currently top of Group B with four points. They started their campaign with a 6-2 win against Iran, where Rashford came off the bench to score.
With qualification to the round of 16 at stake, the Gareth Southgate-led side will play against Wales in the final game of the group stage on November 29. Rashford will be keen to start the game.
- Man Utd have received 10 loan proposals for Anthony Elanga ahead of transfer deadline
- Victor Lindelof emerges as Inter Milan transfer target to replace outgoing star
- Crystal Palace will wait until summer to sign Man Utd defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Man United boss insists there is still room for improvement from Antony after Reading display
- Erik ten Hag confirms ankle injury blow for Christian Eriksen after Reading win
- Casemiro excellent for Man Utd in 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win over Reading
- Harry Maguire sends a tough message to Erik ten Hag over the lack of game-time
- Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Three talking points as Casemiro electrifies Old Trafford crowd
- Man Utd tried to sign Milan Skriniar, he is holding out for PSG transfer
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities