Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has called Scott McTominay an example for the rest of the team to follow.
McTominay inspired Man United to a comeback 2-1 triumph against Brentford earlier this month.
The midfielder came in the 87th minute and scored two stoppage-time goals to earn a dramatic victory for his side.
Speaking to MUTV before tonight’s clash with Sheffield United, Ten Hag praised McTominay’s positive attitude.
“His (McTominay) attitude is a real example for everyone, to come on at such short notice,” Ten Hag said. “I cannot expect that every time a player comes on, two minutes later he is scoring two goals.
“But that attitude is what we need and that is the example that we need to be a really good team, a really good squad, [and] a good dressing room to get the results in because it is not just about eleven players, it is about the squad.”
Scott McTominay is expected to be on the bench tonight
It has been a stuttering start to the season for Ten Hag’s men.
They have amassed only 12 points in eight Premier League games and are languishing in 10th spot.
McTominay has been in fine goalscoring form for his club and country.
Casemiro is set to miss tonight’s clash, and Sofyan Amrabat could replace him at the base of the midfield.
Antony is back in the squad, and his inclusion would allow Bruno Fernandes to move to his preferred attacking midfield position.
Mason Mount is expected to continue in his number eight role.
It will be difficult for McTominay to earn a starting position due to the heavy competition in front of him.
Ten Hag may use him in the attacking role in the second half if the Red Devils need goals.
The Scotland international has been clinical and is very good at making late runs inside the box.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray