His arrival excited captain Harry Maguire, who is looking forward to forging a great partnership with him.
Varane was targeted by United as a teenager, with Sir Alex Ferguson almost signing him. However, Real Madrid secured his services.
He created a legacy with Los Blancos as he won every possible trophy during his 10-year stint with the club.
Varane then decided to close his Spanish chapter and pursue something new. And he had only one place in mind – Man United.
This was largely due to Rio Ferdinand, the player he idolised growing up.
After striking a deal worth £43 million, he was unveiled before United’s match against Leeds United.
He has been handed the number 19 shirt, the one he wore during his initial days with Madrid.
The 28-year-old defender has already begun training and will make his debut soon.
His arrival could potentially solve United’s defensive woes. Harry Maguire was heavily criticised for his early performances.
However, his absence was felt when United lost the Europa League final to Villarreal.
He produced solid performances for England at the European Championships, conceding only two goals as the team reached the final.
Maguire told the Guardian that he is looking forward to teaming up with Varane.
“You’ve seen what he’s won over his career,” he said.
“He’s played in some of the top teams about – the French squad and Real Madrid – and he’s won absolutely everything.
“I think he’ll bring that winning mentality and his footballing ability to the club. To bring in players of his calibre is really, really exciting.”
Varane will definitely strengthen United at the back with his experience and winning mentality.
United started the new season on a high note, thrashing Leeds United 5-1.
With Varane now on board, this could be the start of something big at Old Trafford.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash