Manchester United midfielder Hannibal Mejbri has landed in Spain to complete his transfer to Sevilla on loan until the summer.
The reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano shared a video on social media platform X in which Mejbri was seen arriving in Sevilla.
The La Liga outfit will have the option to make the deal permanent at €20million, including add-ons.
There have been contrasting reports, but the Athletic reported that United will have a fixed buy-back clause.
Hannibal Mejbri chose La Liga over Premier League
Several clubs were interested in signing Mejbri on loan this month. However, the 20-year-old chose Sevilla as his next destination.
Everton tried to pip the Spanish club for his services last week. Sean Dyche likes midfielders who can drive with the ball forward and do not shy away from duels.
Mejbri would have been a superb addition for the Toffees. However, the midfielder stuck with his first choice to move to Spain.
Staying in the Premier League would have given him more chances to catch Erik ten Hag’s attention.
The Dutchman would have tracked Mejbri’s performances more closely and may have given him a chance in the United first-team next campaign.
Mejbri has made his development a priority by opting for a move to Spain, which is the right choice for his career.
There is no doubt about the talent possessed by the Tunisia international, but the emergence of Kobbie Mainoo has blocked his path for regular minutes this term.
Ten Hag also failed to assign a fixed role to Mejbri during this campaign. Mejbri came on for Rasmus Hojlund in injury time against Wigan Athletic.
United failed to offer him a perfect launchpad, but he will hopefully do wonderful things at Sevilla.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow