Brighton & Hove Albion boss Graham Potter has lauded Manchester United’s new signing Christian Eriksen as a ‘top player’.
The Seagulls travel to Old Trafford to face the Red Devils in their Premier League opener this weekend.
New United manager Erik ten Hag has made three additions to his squad – Tyrell Malacia, Lisandro Martínez and Christian Eriksen.
When asked about Eriksen’s switch to Man United, Potter said: “He’s a top player, you can see the influence he had on Brentford when he came. The quality is undeniable.
“Obviously he’s had his issues which we’re delighted that he’s come through and it’s great to see him back playing because things were not looking so positive at one point – so that’s brilliant.
“From a football perspective, he’s a great player to have in the Premier League and I’m sure he’ll do well for Manchester United.
“Hopefully we can delay that good start for a week or so! But he’s a top player.”
Will Eriksen lead Man United’s revenge?
The Red Devils supporters would still remember the 4-0 embarrassing defeat their side suffered to Brighton in May.
Their dismal performance and the result summed up the whole season for United who finished sixth last term.
During his time at Tottenham Hotspur, Eriksen largely featured at the number 10 spot. However, he shone in the central midfield role for Brentford in the second half of the last campaign.
Ten Hag will be delighted to have Dane in his squad. He will bring more assurance in the centre of the park, which none of the other midfielders at Old Trafford offer.
Fred and Scott McTominay have some good qualities but they both lack an eye for creating chances consistently. The former Spurs midfielder is one of the best in this aspect and will boost United’s goalscoring chances.
The Dutchman likes to play possession-based football and the 30-year-old could quickly become a key player for United.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season