Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has heaped praise on Jadon Sancho following his ‘very good game’ against Chelsea in the Premier League.
The England international started on the left wing against the Blues but switched to the right flank in the 29th minute following Antony’s serious injury.
Sancho fared impressively from his new position and capped his performance with an assist for Anthony Martial’s goal right before the half-time interval.
The 23-year-old ended the game with five key passes and three big chances created. He was definitely United’s best attacking outlet in the 4-1 triumph.
Speaking in his pre-match presser before the Fulham game, Ten Hag said that Sancho did ‘very well’ on the right side and had a ‘very good game’ yesterday.
The Dutch tactician added that he is one of the players that has made ‘good progress’ and highlighted that the forward is comfortable playing from both wings.
He told Manutd.com: “He did very well on the right side, and I think he played a very good game today [Thursday night]. And I think Jadon Sancho was one of the players who [has made good] progress in this season.”
“And there were many players in our squad who made good progress. I think it’s a good base to build further on. He can do both, but I think he prefers to play on the left. But we have seen today he is very good on the right as well.”
Sancho has had another difficult campaign with the Red Devils. He has registered only six goals and three assists from 39 appearances for the club in all competitions.
However, we have seen his improvement during the back end of the campaign. He has looked more composed with the ball at his feet compared to last year.
His decision-making in the final third has let him down but Sancho should improve next term. Ten Hag will likely work on his end product during the summer.
Sancho has recently benefited from injuries to key players but he will have to find consistency in his game to retain a regular starting spot for the 2023/24 season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Sofyan Amrabat shows why Man Utd should sign him this summer
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa