Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos is on the radar of Manchester United, according to O Jogo (page 6).
The Red Devils are looking for a marquee striker, and they have been linked with several high-profile names in recent weeks.
O Jogo report that Ramos is currently ‘on the list’ of United, but they are yet to present an official offer for Benfica to evaluate.
The Primeira Liga champions are open to cashing in on their prized asset, but they won’t accept anything less than €80 million.
Ramos would be a perfect striker signing
The 21-year-old has developed into one of the most sought-after strikers in European football.
Last season, he scored 27 goals and provided 12 assists from 47 appearances for Benfica.
He was also brilliant for Portugal at the World Cup, scoring a hat-trick against Switzerland in the last 16.
Aside from his goal involvements, Ramos has also impressed with his work rate and regular high pressing.
The young striker won an impressive 4.8 ground and aerial duels per league appearance.
Hence, he has all the traits to become Erik ten Hag’s marquee striker, but won’t come on the cheap.
United will need to spend at least €80m to prise him away from the Estadio da Luz.
They also face fierce competition from the likes of Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich.
United have to be pro-active in the pursuit, and not focus on doing one deal at a time.
This has been football director John Murtough’s approach over the past 12 months.
The club are currently focused on Mason Mount and are not negotiating for anyone else.
If this strategy continues, United could have another long summer for transfer deals.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action