The Glazer family have slapped an enormous price tag on Manchester United.
According to the Daily Star, the American owners will only consider selling United if they receive a bid of over $10 billion (£9 bn).
The price tag is quite staggering and will put off many prospective buyers.
The Dallas Cowboys are currently the most valuable sports club, worth $8 billion (£7.23bn). They are followed by the New England Patriots, valued at $6.4 billion (£5.4bn).
If anyone matches the Glazers’ asking price for the club, United will become the most valuable sports team in the world.
Comical price tag to put off buying interest by the Glazers
United’s owners have come up with another trick to retain the ownership of the Red Devils.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe recently revealed that the Glazers do not intend to sell the club.
They have owned United since 2005 after their debt-ridden hostile takeover.
The debt on the club has increased over the years but the owners have still taken out hefty annual dividends for themselves.
They have barely invested in improving the training facilities or helping the community.
At the same time, the team’s failure to win titles has increased the frustration among the fans.
The broken relationship between the fans and owners has reached a stage where the former have had frequent protests demanding the sale of the club.
£9 billion is an astonishing amount. If true, the sale of the club won’t be possible any time soon.
- Napoli ace Kim Min-jae moves out of his house, expected to join Man Utd after military training
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed
- Man Utd could return for Barcelona star Ansu Fati as Ten Hag eyes another left winger