We here at Red Rants fully understand that the summer period is possibly the toughest one to get by, for fans. It also gets quite tedious for many of us here having to deal with a lot of transfer speculation that the tabloids strive to manufacture on a daily basis, usually in the form of ‘Exclusives’. Anyway, we will attempt at clearing the air over some of the speculation that we feel are absolutely ridiculous.
We’ll quickly start off with three names making the rounds around tabloids and some blogs too, who are quite possibly trying to play the role of online pseudo tabloids.
Soccerblog proudly presents this gem of news that has been done and dusted with aeons ago. True, Gattuso’s wife is British. He might love to play in England. And he is bloody effingly good at his football. But all that does not translate to a move to Old Trafford. Reason? Well for one, he’s ruled out leaving Milan and revealed his plans to see out his contract which is at least 3 years from finishing, after which he might be better served playing either for the SPL or other footballing retirement homes such as the MLS or whichever club Big Sam might choose to coach. Anyway, point is, if he wants to see out a three year contract, he might at least see the need to stay at least a year before rumours begin resurfacing. So for the next season, he’s definitely not coming. The season after next? Well, he might be a year too old by then.
Spurs will be nuts (no I’m sorry, cuckoo is a better word) if they allow a repeat of what happened with Carrick, if they want to maintain some semblance of respect (whatever is left of it) for their club. Selling Berbatov, although United will be among the first few to pounce if Jol relents, is highly unlikely with his agent stating he is going to stay at least for another season. Well, with these agents, you never know.
Possibly the most laughable of them. So funny, a Monty Python movie might appear solemn. However in the light of the rumoured 9 million pound get-out clause their can be only two possibilities. One: Owen turns out to be a cash hungry cunt – a la Cashley Cole, and two: ants enter the brains of Freddy Shepherd and that of whoever takes over as manager at the Toon and threaten to eat up their brains if they don’t agree to let go of Owen. Either way, Owen, despite his reputation doesn’t look like he might interest SAF. So bringing us back to this rumour being laughable, Hahahahahaha and slap on back of nearest neighbour.
Let us know what you think the chances of these targets coming to United are. I repeat, chances of them coming over, factoring in all kinds of situations, and not on what quality they’ll bring to the line up. We know they are reasonably fine players.
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause