Manchester United have already secured some world-class signings this summer.
However, Gary Neville has told via Sky Sports that the club will only progress to the next level if they sign Harry Kane.
Neville insisted that United would challenge for the Premier League title if they secured the services of the Tottenham Hotspur star.
His goals would help United secure 90-95 points and put them in contention to claim top spot.
Following Sir Alex Ferguson’s exit, the club has failed to win the Premier League.
The best they have achieved is second place – once under Jose Mourinho and another with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in charge.
Goalscoring has been an issue in recent years. The last time a United striker scored 20+ goals was the last time the club won the league.
Since Robin Van Persie’s 26 goals in a Premier League season, no United player has reached the 20-goal mark.
Bruno Fernandes’ tally of 18 last season is the closest anyone has come.
With Anthony Martial failing to live up to expectations, United are reliant on Edinson Cavani, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood for goals.
Jado Sancho has been signed from Borussia Dortmund, but he will play on the right flank.
Signing Kane would undoubtedly be a major boost to United’s title hopes.
- Man Utd leading race to sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
- Man Utd willing to pay €50m for Villarreal defender Pau Torres
- Man Utd sell out season tickets for next season, but when will £200m+ renovation start?
- Harry Maguire makes England squad for Nations League games
- Man Utd handed blow in pursuit of Darwin Nunez
- Erik ten Hag gives his verdict on Harry Maguire’s Man Utd captaincy
- Man Utd to receive summer spending boost with £48m cleared off wage bill
- Erik ten Hag looking forward to Donny van de Beek reunion
- Bruno Fernandes produces dismal display at Crystal Palace
- David de Gea sends clear message to unhappy Man Utd stars