Manchester United resumed Premier League action after the November international break with a resounding 3-0 victory against Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday.
Goals from Alejandro Garnacho, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial helped the Red Devils stroll to a comfortable win on Merseyside, but Gary Neville was particularly thrilled with the performance of Kobbie Mainoo.
The 18-year-old midfielder finally made his first Premier League start having battled with his fitness since getting injured during pre-season, and he proved himself against the Toffees.
Neville loved what he saw from the Man United academy graduate, showering praise on him while on commentary duties on Sky Sports.
“Mainoo has been Manchester United’s best player by a street,” he said. “Brilliant, brilliant Premier League debut from him.”
The teenage sensation won all his tackles, completed 83% of his passes and had 57 touches.
Mainoo also won five duels, recovered three balls, completed two of three attempted dribbles, made two interceptions, one clearance and one block.
The youngster made his senior debut for the Red Devils in a 3-0 League Cup win over Charlton Athletic in January 2023, playing 30 minutes.
He subsequently made his league debut in February after coming on as a substitute in a 3-0 win against Leicester City for the final 10 minutes.
His first league start could not have gone any better, and he will be keen to establish himself as a regular fixture in the Man United starting XI going forward.
Mainoo passed his audition in brilliant colours and will fancy his chances of featuring consistently for the Red Devils.
His return to action is a massive boost for manager Erik ten Hag, who has seen injuries decimate his squad this term.
They return to action on Wednesday in a must-win Champions League game against Galatasaray away from home before visiting Newcastle United on Saturday as they look to continue their impressive league run.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow