Paul Pogba is back in the headlines today as Manchester United legend and Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville had a rant on air about the French star following Manchester United’s thrilling 3-2 victory at Crystal Palace on Monday night football.
We fell 0-2 behind following early goals in either half from Andros Townsend and Patrick van Aanholt, before Chris Smalling and Romelu Lukaku brought the score back on level terms, setting up a dramatic finale as Nemanja Matic scored a stunning stoppage time winner from 30 yards.
Pogba had had a frustrating first half and let this show on more than one occasion before the break. However, the club’s record signing did not give up as he continued to demand for the ball, ultimately having more touches than any other player on the pitch and driving us forward that ultimately helped us to victory.
However, Gary Neville was not impressed by the 24-year-old. The former-United right-back had this to say about Paul Pogba on Sky Sports:
“It’s been nowhere near good enough.
“The man on the ball there at the start of the Crystal Palace goal is Paul Pogba.
“His great strength is that he plays with freedom and like he’s playing on the part with his mates but his great weakness is that he’s playing on the park with his mates.
“It’s like everything he does is all for a YouTube or Instagram video.”
Neville went on to say that Paul Pogba doesn’t take the game seriously:
“It’s like it’s not serious – like it’s a joke to him, the way he goes about things.
“There’s no wonder Jose Mourinho has left him out in the last few weeks a number of times.
“This is a Hollywood pass at best, that’s never on.”
Paul Pogba isn’t used to playing in a team that aren’t champions – during his four seasons with Juventus he won the Serie A title on every occasion in a team that dominated the league each season and playing with a lot of freedom in attacking midfield.
Last month the midfielder hit the headlines after being dropped for the FA Cup win at Huddersfield Town and then starting on the substitutes bench the following game at Sevilla in the first leg of our Champions League second round tie.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup