Manchester United attacking midfielder Jadon Sancho hit the ground running in his first game for Borussia Dortmund after returning to his old club back on loan, producing an assist for Marco Reus.
The England international last played against Nottingham Forest on August 26 having been exiled from the Red Devils by manager Erik ten Hag due to disciplinary reasons.
Sancho rejoined Dortmund on loan until the end of the season earlier this week, and it took 22 minutes after he came off the bench for him to grab his first assist of the campaign.
Gary Neville took to social media platform X (formerly known as Twitter) to react.
Man United could do with a productive attacker right now given their overall struggles in front of goal, and Sancho will be desperate to prove Ten Hag wrong following his return to the Bundesliga.
His assist provided Dortmund with their second goal in a 3-0 victory over Darmstadt.
Donyell Malen played a brilliant ball to Sancho, and the 23-year-old showed excellent composure to square it to Reus to fire home.
It remains to be seen what the future holds for Sancho at the Old Trafford club, but he will not be short of suitors in the summer if he keeps banging in the goals and assists.
A return to Man United could still happen, but he must apologise to Ten Hag or pray the Dutchman is sacked before the next campaign.
The Red Devils return to Premier League action tomorrow when they host Tottenham Hotspur, and they will be hoping to resume with a victory having won just one of their last five league games.
Their attackers have not been firing on all cylinders this term, and Ten Hag will be looking for a response tomorrow given the mounting pressure on him.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow