Manchester United staged a remarkable recovery from two goals down to secure a 3-2 victory over Nottingham Forest on Saturday.
They will be raring to go when they take on Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday in their final game before the international break.
The Red Devils have won two and lost one of their opening three league games in 2023-24, and Gary Neville has warned them ahead of their trip to London.
Arsenal are yet to lose this term and were a few minutes away from securing their third win of the campaign on Saturday, but a late Fulham equaliser saw them draw 2-2.
The Gunners will be desperate to make a statement of intent when Man United come visiting on Sunday, and Neville reckons manager Mikel Arteta will stop his experimentation for the game.
“I would expect next week that Mikel Arteta is going to end that experiment and that he is going to probably go with a solid back-four with four defenders,” the Sky Sports pundit said on the Gary Neville podcast.
“Maybe move (Thomas) Partey into midfield along with (Declan)Rice and maybe (Martin) Odegaard.
“Manchester United are decent on the counterattack. It is a big test for United because their performances this season so far, all three of them have been below par, and I think if you are below par at the Emirates, you are going to get beaten. So, United are going to have to rise and raise the game.”
The narrow wins against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Forest were far from convincing, while Tottenham Hotspur exposed Man United.
Arsenal will provide them with a stern test and manager Erik ten Hag needs to find a way to get his players to perform.
The Gunners have been widely tipped by many to challenge for the Premier League title again this season after pushing Manchester City all the way last term.
Not many people expect Man United to challenge for it, and apart from the imminent signing of Fenerbahce goalkeeper Altay Bayindir, it remains to be seen if they plan to make any further additions to their squad before the summer transfer window closes.
The Red Devils could be handed a huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund could be available for the trip to Emirates having been working on his fitness since joining from Atalanta in the summer.
The forwards are yet to score this season and having the Denmark international striker available would be a relief for Ten Hag as he could make the difference.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action