It’s the semi-finals of the World Club Championship — a tournament, despite my being happy if we lift the cup, I couldn’t care less about.
To me, it’s a big distraction with an already crowded league schedule. The timing is most ill-advised with a jam packed Christmas schedule, and we are still playing catch up in the league despite slip ups by Chelsea and Liverpool.
But more on the scheduling at a later time. Now for the game at hand.
Japan based club, Gamba Osaka take on United in front of their home based fans. So they will be looking to give their all against our blow hot, blow cold lineup.
Fergie has been sounding about how great being World Club Champions can be. But really I hope he’s more concerned about our prospects in the league than Sepp Blatter’s pet project. Neville, Scholes and Giggs might play today. I’d rather have them play here than in the league at the moment — particularly Gary Neville.
Berbatov seems to be laid low with a mysterious Japanese virus, so Tevez and Rooney should resume their partnership. Rio and Vidic should keep their place at the heart of United’s defence while the rest of the team will be picked by Fergie’s whim and fancy — as has been the case throughout this season.
Predictions: 2-0 to United. I think we are just too strong for them, but I have been wrong many times.
Over to you. Take it away.
- Bruno Fernandes stars for Man Utd in 3-3 draw vs Galatasaray
- Galatasaray 3-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Onana’s blunders leave the Red Devils on the brink of UCL exit
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund & Wan-Bissaka start
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray