Galatasaray are planning moves for Manchester United duo Alex Telles and Anthony Elanga this summer, according to Turkish outlet Aksam Spor.
Telles joined United in 2020 in a deal worth around £15.4 million but has failed to make a huge impact at Old Trafford.
The 30-year-old has made only 50 senior appearances for the club. He was sent out to Sevilla on loan last season, where he made 38 appearances in all competitions.
His current contract expires next year, and United will likely be keen to offload him this summer.
Telles previously played for Galatasaray between 2014 and 2016, and he could be tempted to rejoin the club.
The Turkish giants, who clinched their first league title since 2010 last term, are also plotting to sign the Brazilian’s teammate Elanga.
The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the most talented players to have emerged from United’s youth academy.
Offloading Telles and Elanga makes sense
Telles’ first-team prospects look slim as he is currently behind Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia in the pecking order at left-back.
Getting him off the wage bill would free up some useful funds as United manager Erik ten Hag strives to improve his squad this summer.
Elanga’s progress has stagnated in recent months, with the winger failing to score a goal despite playing in 26 matches last term.
He is currently under contract at United until June 2026, with the club having the option to extend it by another year.
It will be intriguing to see if United sanction a permanent sale of Elanga or send him on loan this summer to get his development back on track.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns