Galatasaray have made an opening bid to sign Manchester United midfielder Fred, according to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano.
The Brazil international has entered the final year of his contract with the Red Devils, and the club are open to selling him for £20 million.
Fulham are one of the most interested clubs in signing the midfielder, but Romano claims that Galatasaray have made the first offer.
The proposal has already been rejected as the transfer fee was ‘below expectations’.
The 30-year-old will reportedly leave this summer. Aside from Fulham and Galatasaray, a number of Saudi and Premier League clubs are keeping tabs.
Fred could leave Man Utd soon
United have already spent £55m on signing Mason Mount from Chelsea.
Meanwhile, they are expected to pay an initial £43m for the purchase of Andre Onana from Inter Milan.
This would take their spending spree to £98m which is not far from their pre-sales budget of £120m.
Hence, the club need to recoup funds from outgoings. Fred could be one of the first players to leave.
The Red Devils have made the decision to offload him following Mount’s arrival earlier this month.
They have been no suitable offers thus far, but that should change with the high interest in him.
Dean Henderson is another candidate expected to leave with Onana on the verge of joining United.
The 26-year-old has been angling for a return to Nottingham Forest on a permanent basis.
His transfer to Steve Cooper’s side could materialise as soon as Onana pens his Red Devils contract.
Elsewhere, Everton have already entered talks with United for the potential transfer of Anthony Elanga.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action