Fulham are reportedly interested in signing Manchester United centre-back Eric Bailly.
The 28-year-old was frozen out of the squad last season by Ralf Rangnick while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also used him sparingly during his reign.
Now he could depart Old Trafford this summer as Fulham are keen to sign the Ivorian on a season-long loan with the option to buy, according to Sky Sports.
The defender currently has two years remaining on his United contract, which is worth £80,000-a-week (as per Spotrac).
Eric Bailly joined Manchester United in the summer of 2016 in a deal worth around £30 million.
He was Jose Mourinho’s first signing and there were huge expectations that he would shine at Old Trafford.
However, the centre-back failed to make an impact as he mostly remained on the treatment table, suffering one injury after another. While there were a few high spots in his clear with committed tackling, overall he wasn’t very convincing with his performances.
The Ivorian has made only 113 appearances across all competitions during his previous six years at the Manchester giants (stats from Transfermarkt).
It was clearly a mistake to hand him a new contract last year as he barely featured for United in the 2021-22 campaign.
The 28-year-old played only four matches in the Premier League and mostly remained on the bench under both Solskjaer and Rangnick.
The Red Devils currently have expensive central defensive signings in Harry Maguire and Raphael Varane as their first choice pairing. While Victor Lindelof is also ahead of Bailly in the pecking order.
And the club are also said to be on the hunt for a new defender in this transfer window.
Eric Bailly was a failure at Manchester United and the fans are unlikely to miss him if he leaves this summer. While staying at United is also unlikely to be good for him as his first-team prospects look very slim at Old Trafford.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season