Fulham are interested in signing Manchester United defender Eric Bailly on a free transfer, according to RMC Sport journalist Fabrice Hawkins.
The Ivory Coast international spent the previous campaign on loan with Marseille where he made 23 appearances across all competitions.
The French club had agreed a conditional obligation to buy him, but Bailly did not make the required appearances to trigger the clause.
It is now reported that the centre-back has an agreement with United to leave on a free transfer.
He recently turned down a move to Besiktas. Fulham have now expressed an interest in signing him.
United expected to offload Bailly soon
Bailly had a promising pre-season with United last summer, but he was reluctant to stay at the club without the assurance of a regular starting spot.
As a result, he made the move to Les Phoceens, but had a difficult time with them. Bailly missed several games due to injuries and a lengthy suspension.
The French outfit decided against a permanent deal despite qualifying for the Champions League.
Bailly is currently in the final 10 months of his £80,000-a-week contract. United will be aiming to offload him such that they can save at least part of his salary.
The 29-year-old was tipped for big things when he joined from Villarreal for £30 million in 2016, but injuries and poor form have hampered his career.
Hopefully, he can change his fortunes elsewhere. United are set to suffer huge losses with his exit, but it is better than keeping an unwanted player with them.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns