Many reports suggest that Manchester United have agreed a £43 million transfer for Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred.
The Brazilian had been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford over the past couple of months.
Jose Mourinho was already expected to sign two new central midfielders this summer with Michael Carrick retiring and Maourane Fellaini set to leave on a free transfer. Fred will seemingly fill one of these gaps.
However, it now appears that the player will not officially move until after this summer’s World Cup which doesn’t end until seven weeks – Sunday 15 July. That’s because Fred has been quoted in the Express as saying he will decide his future after the World Cup.
When asked about a summer transfer, Fred said:
“Maybe after the World Cup I will make the choice.
“Now I am only thinking about the World Cup.”
Fred is part of the 23-man Brazil squad for this summer’s World Cup and the national team are scheduled to play a friendly at Anfield next week which could have been an opportunity for the player to agree personal terms and pass a medical but it appears the 25-year-old is fully focused on the international scene right now.
- Bruno Fernandes stars for Man Utd in 3-3 draw vs Galatasaray
- Galatasaray 3-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Onana’s blunders leave the Red Devils on the brink of Champions League exit
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund & Wan-Bissaka start
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray