Manchester United midfielder Fred produced a sublime performance for Brazil during their recent World Cup qualifier against Uruguay at the Amazonia Arena.
The 28-year-old lined up alongside Fabinho in the centre of the park. The duo controlled the proceedings against their South American counterparts.
Brazil ran out comfortable 4-1 victors in the qualifier with Raphinha (2), Neymar and Gabriel Jesus among the goals. Luis Suarez bagged a consolation strike for the visitors.
Fred had an impressive outing in midfield with three successful tackles and two interceptions.
He won five of the eight ground duels attempted alongside two take-ons.
The midfielder also kickstarted the scoring with an assist for Neymar in the 10th minute.
It was a sublime all-round display for the €22 million-rated star, whose form has been questionable at club level.
Under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Fred has been a regular starter in midfield alongside Scott McTominay, and the United boss publicly backed his decision last month.
However, the pair have continued to receive criticism from some fans.
Fred had a poor outing against Everton before the international break, failing to stop the counter-attack leading to the equalising goal.
There are high chances that he could be dropped to the bench for the Leicester City clash tomorrow.
Fred and Cavani were in action for Brazil and Uruguay today morning (BST).
With a short turnaround time involved, it appears highly unlikely that they would feature against the Foxes.
Fred will have to quarantine at a club-based facility away from his family for 10 days.
He was part of the Brazil squad that visited Colombia, who are still among the United Kingdom’s red-listed countries.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Sofascore.com.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal