Manchester United midfielder Fred has given the green light to join Galatasaray, but they are yet to meet the asking price, according to Milliyet.
The Brazil international has been with the Red Devils for the past five seasons where he has made 213 appearances across all competitions.
With just 11 months left on his contract, the club have deemed him surplus to requirements, and he could head for the exit door in the coming weeks.
Galatasaray are one of his main admirers and Milliyet claim that Fred has said ‘yes’ to the club.
However, the Istanbul outfit are yet to present a suitable offer for the 30-year-old. United have recently slashed his price tag from €20 million to €10m.
Fulham and an unnamed Saudi Arabian club are also said to be interested in the former Shakhtar star, who was signed for €59m five years ago.
Fred could leave Man Utd soon
Fred was not involved in the club’s pre-season tour of the United States due to personal reasons, and he could leave on a permanent basis soon.
United have decided against renewing his deal expiring in June 2024 which is a clear indication that he does not feature in the manager’s plans.
Galatasaray seem to be the midfielder’s preferred destination but ultimately, a transfer would depend on whether the Turkish outfit can pay the fee.
Otherwise, the €140,000-a-week star will have to choose alternative options. Fulham could step up their pursuit after Joao Palhinha’s painful shoulder injury.
There has been no fresh update from the Cottagers. If he has dislocated his shoulder, the club could be forced to invest on someone for quality cover.
Fulham manager Marco Silva was spotted speaking directly to Fred in the Old Trafford car park back in May, but the Cottagers are yet to make an offer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Capology.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns