New Manchester United forward Antony has been hailed as a ‘great player’ by his compatriot and new clubmate Fred.
Antony joined the Red Devils from Ajax for a massive fee of €95 million, the second-most expensive Man Utd transfer ever.
The 22-year-old was desperate to reunite with Erik ten Hag who worked with him at Ajax previously.
He said, “Everyone knows he’s a great player. He did very well in the last few years at Ajax, so much so that he went to the Brazilian national team.
“It’s not easy to get to the Brazilian national team and he is present in the squad.
“And he’s a great player, very skilled, everyone knows that, his characteristics. He’s also incisive, and very skilful towards the goal.”
Antony has the potential to be the future star
The Brazilian winger will bring trickery and intensity to the Theatre of Dreams.
He prefers to start from a wide-right position and then cut inside to create chances.
He has the ability to carry the ball to the opposition’s half with his break-neck pace and dribbling skills.
United supporters will be hopeful that the Brazilian winger can hit the ground running in the Premier League.
However, he may take some time to find his feet in England.
Erik ten Hag knows him very well and he will try to make a perfect environment for Antony to thrive.
Diogo Dalot will also play an important role in Antony’s success.
The overlapping runs from the Portuguese full-back will help the Brazilian get some space which he can exploit.
Fred has been at United for half a decade now.
Being a fellow Brazilian, he will have the onus to help Antony get acclimatised to the new surroundings.
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January