Former Manchester United star Ashley Young is reportedly close to joining Everton on a free transfer.
According to Fabrizio Romano, the 38-year-old will undergo his medical on Tuesday ahead of his move to Goodison Park.
The experienced full-back left Aston Villa after his contract at the club expired at the end of last season.
Despite offers from Europe, Young opted to join the Merseyside outfit who secured their top-flight status on the final day of the season.
Sky Sports report he will sign a one-year deal at Goodison Park, with the club having the option to extend it by another 12 months.
Young is remembered fondly at United
Young arrived at Old Trafford in a £17 million deal from Villa in 2011.
He was an important member of the Red Devils squad, making over 260 senior appearances during his nine-year stay in Manchester.
His time at United saw him lift the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League and he is remembered fondly by the club’s fans.
Young enjoyed a successful career at Man United but he left the club in January 2020 after then-manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told him his game time would be limited.
The 38-year-old joined Inter Milan for a brief spell before returning to Aston Villa in 2021.
He made 57 appearances in all competitions at Villa Park, with a goal to his name.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action