Saudi Pro League club Al-Nassr are interested in signing former Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, but he wants to join Inter Miami instead, according to the Sun.
The Spaniard has been without a club since he left the Red Devils in the summer as a free agent, and he has been linked with a shock return.
Man United could be without Andre Onana between January 13 and February 11 next year as he will be with Cameroon at the Africa Cup of Nations, so a move for De Gea on a short-term basis has reportedly been mooted.
However, Al-Nassr are willing to offer him £500,000 a week, while a chance to reunite with Cristiano Ronaldo should also appeal.
The 33-year-old is not keen on the move as his wife Edurne is not interested in moving to the Middle East.
Going to the United States appeals more to the couple, and De Gea could soon be playing with Lionel Messi and former Spain team-mates Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets in Major League Soccer if a deal can be struck between both parties.
La Liga club Valencia have also registered interest in the former Man United star, but their financial issues could scupper any deal.
More clubs could still come for De Gea in January when some top goalkeepers will be linking up with their countries for the AFCON.
However, he can join any team anytime as he is a free agent and is not restricted by the transfer window.
He has not talked about retiring as he still has something to offer despite the abrupt manner in which his career at Man United ended.
The Red Devils legend currently has suitors across three continents and will need to make up his mind as soon as possible having been out of action since June.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling