Manchester United are likely to invest into the squad during the January transfer window, but there will also be potential departures on loan or permanent deals.
Donny van de Beek is already on the cusp of signing for Eintracht Frankfurt on loan with an option to buy. He has already undergone his medical with the German club.
The midfielder has been a fringe player in the United squad since his arrival from Ajax three years ago and he now has the opportunity to revive his career in Bundesliga.
Alongside the Dutchman, here are four more candidates that could leave in the coming weeks.
The left-back was signed by United on loan from Tottenham Hotspur towards the end of the summer transfer window, but there is a break clause in the temporary deal.
With Luke Shaw and Diogo Dalot ahead of him in the pecking order when fit, there is a possibility that Reguilon could return to north London in the next few weeks.
Tyrell Malacia is also anticipated to make his long-awaited comeback from a knee injury. Reguilon may pursue a new challenge due to the lack of sufficient playing time.
The Ivorian youngster has just returned from a long-term injury. He made his comeback against Nottingham Forest and had a lively cameo off the substitutes’ bench.
Despite this, United could contemplate sending him out on loan, considering he needs to be playing regularly at the current phase of his career to develop himself.
Alejandro Garnacho, Marcus Rashford and Antony are ahead of him in the pecking order for the right wing role. He could return to the Championship with promotion chasing Ipswich Town or Southampton.
Like Amad, Mejbri remains an outsider in the starting plans of manager Erik ten Hag. He started a few games earlier this season, but has since been a regular unused substitute.
The emergence of Kobbie Mainoo has been a prime reason. The young midfielder has established himself as the main candidate in the number six position for the Red Devils.
With Casemiro due to return from injury, Mejbri’s prospects of game time could be very limited. It has been reported that he could be loaned out after he pens a new deal.
Martial has endured another difficult campaign with United. Last season, he missed 29 games for the club, but was still effective in the final third with nine goals and four assists.
The Frenchman has struggled to replicate such performances this campaign. The ex-Monaco ace has only two goals and two assists thus far and has been absent recently through illness.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow